Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default inverse of the column function? i.e. input a number, output the corresponding column text label

Actually, as Lars-Åke points out in my sub thread, this fix does not really
work.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
Otherwise, this same approach gets more complicated (for columns above
Z)

=IF(A126,CHAR(INT(A1/26)+64),"")&CHAR(MOD(A1,26)+64)

This one fails for a value of 26 (it returns "@" instead of "Z"). I ran
into the same problem while developing my 2nd posted solution.

I should have mentioned here, the fix is simple... change the part after
the ampersand to this...

CHAR(MOD(A1-1,26)+65)

Rick