Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default CheckBoxes Stack up when Rows are hidden and unhidden

Go into design mode.
Rightclick on the checkbox and select Format Control
You'll see it on the properties tab.

MWL wrote:

I'm trying to do the same thing in Excel 2002 but there is no option "Move
and size with cells" (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!).

I've created the check boxes from selecting them from the Control Toolbox
Toolbar.

Can this be done in Excel 2002?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

There are two checkboxes that look very much alike.

The checkbox from the Forms toolbar does not allow this setting.

The checkbox from the control toolbox toolbar does allow it.

Are you sure you used the checkbox that you really wanted to use???

Carla wrote:

Dave, this is an old one, but it is assisting me with fixing my current
problem. The "move and size with cells" is gray, not an option to choose.
I'm sure that is why I am having a similar problem as the person below. Any
insight as to why I am not being allowed the option to check that box? The
other two are available to pick.

Thanks,
Carla
St. Petersburg, FL

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you're using checkboxes from the Control Toolbox Toolbar, you can select them
all and then rightclick on the selection and:

Format Control|Properties tab|Check Move and size with cells

And make sure that each checkbox is completely in that cell/row.

If you're using checkboxes from the Forms toolbar, you won't be able to do
this. (I'd replace them with the control toolbox toolbar version.)

Goldenfoot wrote:

I have 8 check boxes in Excel on rows 1:4 and 6:9. I have other macros that
hide and unhide these rows together or separately. When all rows are hidden
and then unhidden, the checkboxes all stack up at the bottom on row 10.

Any property value I am overlooking with respect to the movements?

Thanks,
GoldenFoot

--

Dave Peterson