Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating payroll $$

You don't need VALUE, Dilip.
=A1 will give the same number if you format it as General or Number, rather
than Time.
The OP was, of course, referring to an HOURLY rate, so you would need to
multiply =A1*24 by your hourly rate.
--
David Biddulph

"DILipandey" wrote in message
HI,

To get the value of time you can use the function =value(a1).
Note: a1 here means that in a1 you have entered the time
supposing 5:50 in a1 , this will give you 0.243055556. Now u can easily
multiply it with your wage rate. Thanks.
--
Dilip Kumar Pandey
MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)

New Delhi, India

"MRH" wrote:

Hello all....I am trying to calculate a total payroll cost off a cell in
which I have calculated the total time worked during the day by an
employee.
I can easily calculate the total time worked, but of course the problem
is
Excel sees the calculated time difference as a decimal instead of a real
number, so the total payroll cost is incorrect. Can anyone tell me how
get Excel to see my calculated time difference as a true number instead
of a
decimal so I can multiply it by an hourly rate and receive a payroll
cost?
Thank you!