Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DILipandey DILipandey is offline

Default Calculating payroll $$

HI,

To get the value of time you can use the function =value(a1).
Note: a1 here means that in a1 you have entered the time
supposing 5:50 in a1 , this will give you 0.243055556. Now u can easily
multiply it with your wage rate. Thanks.
--
Dilip Kumar Pandey
MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)

New Delhi, India

"MRH" wrote:

Hello all....I am trying to calculate a total payroll cost off a cell in
which I have calculated the total time worked during the day by an employee.
I can easily calculate the total time worked, but of course the problem is
Excel sees the calculated time difference as a decimal instead of a real
number, so the total payroll cost is incorrect. Can anyone tell me how to
get Excel to see my calculated time difference as a true number instead of a
decimal so I can multiply it by an hourly rate and receive a payroll cost?
Thank you!