Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pecoflyer[_158_] Pecoflyer[_158_] is offline

Default Counting multiple criteria across columns and rows???

ISAF Media Analysis;226702 Wrote:
Hello,

I am having a great deal of difficulty with a formulas. I need a
formula
that will count across multiple columns and rows. For example, based
on the
info below, if I wanted to only know what the count was for "NEG" from
column
A, plus "CHI" from column B, plus "CITY" from columns C and D. Based
on the
below criteria the answer should be "3." Can anyone please help.
Cheers.

A B C D
1 NEG NYC CITY CITY
2 NEG CHI STATE CITY
3 POS LA TOWN PARK
4 NEU DC VILLAGE OCEAN
5 POS DC HOME APARTMENT
6 NEG CHI CITY CITY

Also try
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A6="neg")*(B1:B6="chi")*(C1:C6="ci ty")*D1:D6="city"))

Adapt ranges to fit. They must all be the same length, no entire
columns like B:B are allowed

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload -faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=62983