Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Two Matches, then Sumproduct of Values

I have to recant my last statement; it is NOT working. Dang!! I could swear
it was working a couple hours ago. Is there any way to do what I am trying
to do? If I add in a few extra names (Andy, Dave, etc.) I can get the
desired results... The thing is, I will only have the name one time in that
Column C.

Appreciate any help with this.

Thanks so much,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"ryguy7272" wrote:

Wait, I think I got it! This seems to work:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!$A$2:$A$678=Sheet1!$E$2:$E$678),--(Sheet1!$C$2:$C$678=C2),Sheet1!$V$2:$V$678)

It's net even an array...

--
RyGuy

"ryguy7272" wrote:

Yes, adding those names (Andy, Dave, etc.) in there was the only way I could
get the values I was looking for. However, those names will only apprear
once. I thought the Sumproduct, inside the array, picked up all incidences
of data (names, numbers, etc.) Is there a workaround? Is there another way
to do this? I'm sure there is a VBA solution (Union, probably), but the guy
that I am doing this for is definitely VBA savvy. I wanted to give him a
function that he will be able to maintain.

Any other thoughs or is this a dead end?

Thanks,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"Glenn" wrote:

ryguy7272 wrote:
Here is a sample:
http://rs173.rapidshare.com/files/196921830/sample.xls

I was trying to get Cell M2 to be 4500.

Thanks,
Ryan--

You would need "Andy D Fox" in C2 and C3 to get that answer.