Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
james f james f is offline

Default sum if function

On one worksheet I have an excel data base with alpha/numeric entries and
some blank cells with each data listing on a row through multiple columns.
On another worksheet I have a report format for monthly revenue reports.
I want to reference the data entry in the report to the data base as its
source.
I need to add all entries that have four common criteria eg. month, year,
code,sub code to give a subtotal of revenue for that month for the selected
criteria.
Each list of common criteria are in a separate column for each data entry.
A shortened version of my formula for only two criteria looking for code 43
and subcode 2 is:
=sum(if((a2:a3000="43")*(c2:c3000="2"),h2:h3000))
I am getting an answer $0.00 instead of $574.28.