Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default formula to determine whether a date falls between two dates

Let's try this...

..............N.................O
3....1/1/2009.....1/31/2009

V3 = 1/1/2009
V4 = 1/15/2009
V5 = 2/21/2009
V6 = 5/5/2009
V7 = 5/31/2009
V8 = 7/4/2009
V9 = 9/5/2009

What result do you expect and where do you expect it to appear?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"lolan7" wrote in message
The result will be in another cell.
Ultimately I will need to know which of the holidays falls within the
Start/End dates on any given line because I will need to know what day of
the
week (mon, tue, etc., --which are listed in V3:V9 next to the holidays
using
a TEXT formula) and then use this information to subtract those days from
total number of sessions/hours which have been calculated in different
columns.

The sessions don't happen every day; some are on Mondays, some on Tuesdays
&
Thursdays, etc.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Ok, so what kind of result do you want? A count? A "Yes" or "No"?
True/False?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"lolan7" wrote in message
Hi. I hope there's an answer to this problem:
N column is "Start Date",
O column is "End Date",
I have a named range (not sure whether this is necessary) "holidays" in
U3:U9.

I need to find out if any of the "holidays" dates fall within my Start
Dates
and my End Dates, which vary from row to row.

thanks for being brilliant.