Debra Dalgleish

Maybe drag and drop is disabled.

To enable drag and drop, choose ToolsOptions
On the Edit tab, add a check mark to 'Allow cell drag and drop'
Click OK

S. H. Drew wrote:
I can usually use my mouse to drag a page break to a new location in Excel in
page break preview mode. But lately I have not been able to do this. When I
put my mouse over the break, nothing happens (usually the cursor changes to a
line w/ arrows at either end when I place it over a page break.) Thus, I
cannot manually move the page break. This problem is not confined to a
particular spreadsheet, and I have changed no settings in Excel. Any idea
what causes this and how to fix it? (I have tried closing and re-opening
Excel).

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List