Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Randy[_4_] Randy[_4_] is offline

Default 1hyperlinks and macros

I have an equipment data base file that contains a column with
individual unit numbers for each piece of equipment (seperate unit
number for each line item).
What I'd like to do is be able to click on the unit number and have
the hyperlink take me to another work sheet in the work book that
contains individual components for each piece of equipment, e.g., in
cell A2 of the Equipment worksheet is a truck with Unit No 120.
When I click on Unit 120 it takes me to the component worksheet and
filters
the sheet for Unit 120 so that all I see are the components of that
unit number.
Bare with me on this as I'm not that familiar creating functions like
this. I'd like a way to do this without having to use VB as I'm not
familiar with it.
I know how to create the hyperlink but I'm lost after that.
I appreciate any help on this.

I posted this on another group site but had no replies.