Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default getpivotdata custom subtotal

Apparently I don't follow your problem. A GETPIVOTDATA function will work
regardless of whether the subtotals are SUM or MIN.

And although I don't understand your question, if you have a formula like

=GETPIVOTDATA("Gross Sales",$G$3,"Region","East")

You can change the "Region" or "East" reference to a cell address, even one
that is not in the pivot table. However, to return any resonable result the
entries in those cells must match a field title.

=GETPIVOTDATA("Gross Sales",$G$3,A1,B1)

Is fine, and would return the same result if A1 contained the text Region
and B1 East.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"anna_717717" wrote:

Hi all, hope somebody can help me

I'm trying to get some data from a pivot table
When I was using automatic subtotals I was able to use the formula:
=GETPIVOTDATA("assessment2",$B$15,"Trainee",D2,"Pr ocess Skill",C2,"Level",B2)

When I changed to 'min' subtotals I got a #ref error and tried:
=GETPIVOTDATA($B$15,"Trainee[a] 'Test1' Level['2';Min]")
(where 'Test1' is a 'Process Skill')

Is it possible to modify this formula to include cell references (i.e. B2,
C2, and D2 as above)

Thanks