Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gulfman100 Gulfman100 is offline

Default Setting Error #VALUE,#REF,#NAME, etc.

Thanks Gordon,
I had thought of an IF statement. I was hoping for another way due to the
number of formulas.

Dan

"Gordon" wrote:

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Gulfman100" wrote in message
I am working on a work book that I want to use as a template. How do I
hide
all of the errors for the formulas in the cells that appear before the
data
is entered to make the formula function. What would be the best approach?

I always used to use an IF statement.

What I meant to add, before I pushed "send" by mistake, is an example.
Say you have a formula in A1 that says "=A2/D2". If D2 is 0 then you get the
#DIV/0 error.
So in A1 you put "=IF(D2=0,"",A2/D2)

HTH

--