Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Marcelo Marcelo is offline

Default Using SUM with INDIRECT function

easy way to shorten it

sum(January:December!BM9)

if the first spreadsheet is Jan and the last Dec.

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Gav123" escreveu:

Hi,

I have the following formula
=SUM(January!BM9,February!BM9,March!BM9,April!BM9, May!BM9,June!BM9,July!BM9,August!BM9,September!BM9 ,October!BM9,November!BM9,December!BM9)
Which works fine but I would like to shorten it.
I have a sheet called Data with a list of the months in range A13:A24 and I
was wondering if I could use the INDIRECT function instead?? If so can you
please provide the correct formula for the above.

Thanks in advance,

Gav