Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael.Tarnowski Michael.Tarnowski is offline

Default Difference between NOW() and TODAY()

Hi community,

in excel help I found the information

TODAY():
"Returns the serial number of the current date. The serial number is
the date-time code used by Microsoft Excel for date and time
calculations. If the cell format was General before the function was
entered, the result is formatted as a date."

NOW():
"Returns the serial number of the current date and time. If the cell
format was General before the function was entered, the result is
formatted as a date.
The NOW function changes only when the worksheet is calculated or when
a macro that contains the function is run. It is not updated
continuously. "

I have a cell formatted as TT. MMM JJ, hh:mm ;;

when I copy-n-paste a cell showing NOW() I get the current time but an
older date; when I copy-n-paste a cell showing today() I get the
current date but the time 00:00.
I want to have after copy-n-pasting the current date and the current
time. Do I have to force a re-calculation (F9) or calculate in VBA?

Michael