Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delta Variances by Period

I was assuming that period 1 value is in B2, period 2 value in B3, etc., and
the first and second periods are simple numbers, so it indexes directly in.

What will you have in the DV selections?

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"MrRJ" wrote in message
Bob,
It looks good. Trying to visualize how this would work. As you stated,
my
data is on row B, how does it look for what period it is? Let's say the
word
"Period #" is on row A. I appreciate your helping me understand this.

MrRJ

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Assuming that the data is in B2:B14, then the delta is

=INDEX(B2:B14,second_period)-INDEX(B2:B14,first_period)

the percentage change is then

=INDEX(B2:B14,second_period)/INDEX(B2:B14,first_period)-1

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"MrRJ" wrote in message
Hello,
I need your assistance. I have several columns, Period 1 through
Period
13.
Every Period has specific data. I would like to create an analysis
piece
in
which I would like to see the delta change from say, Period 01 & Period
02
and the percentages change. I was thinking of using the Validation
table
so
the user can select what 2 Periods they want to see the anaylsis. It
is
from
there that I cannot think of a way to do...the If statement I was
thinking
would exceed the max of 7. Any ideas?

MrRJ