Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Delta Variances by Period

Assuming that the data is in B2:B14, then the delta is

=INDEX(B2:B14,second_period)-INDEX(B2:B14,first_period)

the percentage change is then

=INDEX(B2:B14,second_period)/INDEX(B2:B14,first_period)-1

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"MrRJ" wrote in message
Hello,
I need your assistance. I have several columns, Period 1 through Period
13.
Every Period has specific data. I would like to create an analysis piece
in
which I would like to see the delta change from say, Period 01 & Period 02
and the percentages change. I was thinking of using the Validation table
so
the user can select what 2 Periods they want to see the anaylsis. It is
from
there that I cannot think of a way to do...the If statement I was thinking
would exceed the max of 7. Any ideas?

MrRJ