Union70

Default Getting data from another excel file

RAJEEV CHADHA Wrote:
Union70 wrote in message
...-
Does anyone know how to create an Excel spreadsheet that will read
another Excel spreadsheet and will certain data in the new one?
For example:
File 1:
A1: Name
B1: Amount
C1: Chargeoff
D1: Current Balace

A2: Joe Smith
B2: 141.28
C2: 5.00
D2: 136.28

A3: Jane Doe
B3: 100.00
C3: 100.00
D3: 0.00

A4: Eric Yellow
B4: 1.00
C4: 0.00
D4: 1.00

End of File 1

File 2:
A1: Name
B1: Amount
C1: Chargeoff
D1: Current Balace

A2: Joe Smith
B2: 141.28
C2: 5.00
D2: 136.28

A3: Eric Yellow
B3: 1.00
C3: 0.00
D3: 1.00

End of File 2

Thanks,
John-

John,the question is not clear to me.What exactly you want.

Rajeev

This is the data in the First File:
Row Number Column A Column B Column C Column D
1 Name Amount Chargeoff Current
Balace
2 Joe Smith 141.28 5.00
136.28 <-- (B2-C2)
3 Jane Doe 100.00 100.00
0.00 <-- (B3-C3)
4 Eric Yellow 1.00 0.00
1.00 <-- (B4-C4)
End of File.

In a File 2 I would like to have File 2 read data from File 1 and
populate certain data.
This is the data in the File 2:
Row Number Column A Column B Column C Column D
1 Name Amount Chargeoff Current
Balace
2 Joe Smith 141.28 5.00
136.28 <-- (B2-C2)
3 Eric Yellow 1.00 0.00
1.00 <-- (B3-C3)
End of File.
I would like to have File 2 only have data when Column D from File 1
has a number greater then 0.00. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
John

--
Union70