Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
joeg joeg is offline

Default Can't eliminate flicking of chart on every calculate

I am using Excel 2002.

I have real time data being charted , and I manually calculate ranges and
sheets as needed. This is not a problem.

I have recently added charts to plot this data. Every time there is a
recalculation anywhere on the sheet (even areas not being charted) the charts
flicker. Since there is new data multiple times per second , this is a
problem.

Yes, I know about Application.DisplayAlerts = False, and tried inserting
that before EVERY calculation call. I even went so far as to use the
LockWindowUpdate api call, which freezes the entire app. Unfortunately , as
soon as you unfreeze, you get the redraw flash.

Is there no way to avoid this visible screen redraw?

Interestingly, I also have a chart in this same workbook, that is created
with
Set ChartSpreadSheet = CreateObject("OWC11.Spreadsheet"), that is displayed
in a userform. This chart does not exhibit the flashing on update problem.
I was trying to avoid using that method again for this particular chart.