Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Test of Multiple Conditions in an IF statement

Hi,

=IF(AND(A1=1,B1="Red"),True,False)
or
=IF(OR(A1=1,B1="Red"),True,False)

You can have up to 30 tests inside the AND or OR in 2003.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Joe" wrote:

What is the correct format to test for multiple conditions in an IF
statement? I want to test if both of two conditions are correct.

The format I am using is =IF((D1415) AND (G14="Y") . . .) but Excel won't
accept that saying that the "logical test" is invalid. Both cells being
tested do exist.

Any ideas?
--
jws21