Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AlbertLiem AlbertLiem is offline

Default Formulas to Values

I am not offerring a solution. Instead, I have the same problem, and from the
correspondence that followed this posting, I still do not see a solution.
Also, in my case the changing from formula to value seems to occur
"randomly", meaning it is OK after x number of calculations, then "puff" it
changed to a value.

Yes, "clear contents" of the cell allows you to write a formula, but then
the same thing as mentioned above, happens.

Can some one help, PLEASE? Either tell me what to do, or point where the
solution has been shown.

Thanks

Albert Liem

PS I have been using MSExcel 2003 for some time, and never saw this happen.
Now I use MS Excel 2007 and Vista. Prgress???!!!

"DJaded" wrote:

What might cause, and how can I stop formulas from being automatically
converted to values? When I enter a formula into a cell, it is immediately
stored as the RESULT, not the actual formula. This is not consistent, even
with formulas that are "COPY-DOWN" [<Ctrl-D] in the same column. Some
formulas remain and some convert to their resulting value.