Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AMG AMG is offline

Default making numerical date return mmmm format

On Feb 9, 9:12*am, Pete_UK wrote:
Put this formula in A10:

=DATE(2009,A1,1)

then it should follow changes to A1.

I assume at the moment that you have:

=A1

in A10 - this is assumed (by Excel) to represent 1st Jan 1900, and so
if you change A1 to 2 then this would be 2nd Jan 1900, so your month
has not changed.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 9, 5:01*pm, wrote:

I have one cell formatted as a number and I am trying to get it to
format to a different cell as mmmm and I need it to update everytime I
change the numerical cell.

Example:

A1 has 1 as number
A10 is referring to A1 with custom format of mmmm which returns
January.

My problem is that when I change A1 to 2 A10 does not update to show
February.

Please help... am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks a ton, that works perfectly!