Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Delete cells with 0 as the tenth digit

But he went out of his way to say "This is all in one cell, by the way" in a
direct response to one of your earlier posts.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"JBeaucaire" wrote in message
Gentlemen, I was working with pointerman on another issue regarding this
same
dataset, and I believe what he meant to say is that each on of those line
is
in one cell. That's a total of 4 cells.

So if those lines were in cells A1:A4 and this formula was in B1:
=IF(MID(A1,10,1)="0",1,A1)

...and copied down, the first two would return their original value and
the
second two would return a 1.

His original formula appear to be working in its original form, at least
it
does on the sample data he has provided.

If he REALLY wants the ones without SHIP or PKG flag (has a 0 instead) to
"disappear", I would simply make this following correction to his formula:

=IF(MID(A1,10,1)="0","",A1)
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.