Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JBeaucaire[_90_] JBeaucaire[_90_] is offline

Default vlookup by date

This is doable, but it's a pretty complicated array formula and it's
different for each month. I've mocked up a sheet and laid it out, I just need
to sent it to you.

My email address is

jerry
at
devstudios
dot
com

Drop me a note and I'll send it to you to examine.

Jerry Beaucaire
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"PointerMan" wrote:

I don't need the count of items. I'm trying to get the actual contents of
all of the cells in Sheet1 to be sorted into columns on Sheet2 by the first
three digits of the cell. In my data the first three digits are "12-". This
would get sorted into a December column on Sheet2.