Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Delete cells with 0 as the tenth digit

If that is ALL in one cell, then the 10th character is not "0"... it is
"S"... the first "0" in the position I THINK you are referring to is
actually the 74th character in the cell (sentences inside a single cell do
not make separate values... everything in a single one cell is a single
value). Given that this is all in one cell, it is unclear exactly what you
are after (especially given your formula and your subject line). Can you
provide more detail?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"PointerMan" wrote in message
Here's what the data looks like, and part of that formula worked to
conditional format them. This is all in one cell, by the way...

12-30-08 SHIP 74A350834-2019 37
12-30-08 SHIP 901-069-113-134 3
12-31-08 0 70302-02159-120 83
12-31-08 0 901-069-114-174 4

"JBeaucaire" wrote:

Your formula does work. There must be something wrong with your data.

--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"PointerMan" wrote:

How do I delete cells with zero as the tenth digit? I've tried using
the
formula =IF(MID(AE2575,10,1)="0",1,AE2575) but it doesn't return the
actual
cell value if the tenth digit isn't zero.

Any ideas?