Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Greatest Number

Hi,

Can I possibly add anything to the previous posts? Not really, that is your
best solution, but

=LARGE(B2:B29,1)

Has the advantage, for other problems of allowing you to fine the 2nd,
3rd,... largest numbers. And of course the above formula give you exactly
the same result as MAX. Likewise there is a MIN function and a SMALL
function for your consideration.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Workbook" wrote:

In Cell B30, I would like to create an IF Statement that will give me the
greatest number from the Cell Range B2:B29.