Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Wildman[_2_] Joe Wildman[_2_] is offline

Default Time Zone, how to default to PT Time

OK I will give it a shot, but i got one more fish to fry in the mix thanks!

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

First point, when a user opens the spreadsheet in another time zone their
system clock is in effect, so that the calculation will apply to their time
zone. The only issue is if you want it to show the PT time not theirs.

In that case you would create a lookup table in the spreadsheet listing all
the time zones in one column and the number of hours to add or subtract in
the second column and you would have the user pick their time zone from a
data validation drop down and use VLOOKUP to find the hours to add or subtract

VLOOKUP(Pick,TimeZoneTable,2,FALSE)

and this formula would go into

=MONTH(NOW()) & "/" & DAY(NOW()) & "/" & YEAR(NOW()) & " " &
HOUR(NOW()+VLOOKUP(Pick,TimeZoneTable,2,FALSE)/23) & ":"& MINUTE(NOW())

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Joe Wildman" wrote:

Well, people from all around the world will be using this so that will not
work, so what i need is anyone from any time zone will default to PT time,

"John" wrote:

Hi Joe
I don't know your time zone, so added 3 hours, you can see in the formula
the 3 so change it to what you need.
This formula will do the same, just format "Custom and select date & time
=NOW()+3/24
Here is you formula with 3 hours added.
=MONTH(NOW()) & "/" & DAY(NOW()) & "/" & YEAR(NOW()) & " " &
HOUR(NOW()+3/24) & ":"& MINUTE(NOW())
HTH
John
"Joe Wildman" wrote in message
Hello, I put togeather this code below, can someone tell me how to get
this
to show up as Pacific time if you are using a PC not in that time zone?
Also
is there a way to make the cell update as the time changes?

=MONTH(NOW()) & "/" & DAY(NOW()) & "/" & YEAR(NOW()) & " " & HOUR(NOW()) &
":" & MINUTE(NOW())