Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Roger Govier[_3_] Roger Govier[_3_] is offline

Default How do I sort postal addresses by street name, then number

Hi Mel

I would add another column at the right of existing data.
Assuming your address is in column A, enter in the new column
=MID(A2,FIND(" ",A2)+1)&" "&TEXT(LEFT(A2,FIND(" ",A2)-1),"0000")

This will reverse the data
Maple Avenue 0028
Then Mark your whole block of data but sort on the new Column
You will then Have the data sorted by Street, and by number within Street
(as long as numbers are less than 9999)
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Mel" wrote in message
The street address column has street number and name together. (28
Maple Ave.) How do I sort by street name, then by number?

thanks for any help