Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vusal Vusal is offline

Default return text value found most frequently in a column

can u explain how formula works. I know all of these formulas. Yes it it
works, but i cannot understand 'em.

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this array formula** :

=INDEX(A1:A367,MODE(IF(A1:A367<"",MATCH(A1:A367,A 1:A367,0))))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"globetrotter" wrote in message
I have a column of text with 367 entries, author's names. I have used
SUMPRODUCT to determine that there are 267 unique entries. Is there a
formula I can now use to give me the author's name that appears most
frequently? Thanks for your help.

globetrotter