Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default HYPERLINK AND VLOOKUP help

An example ..
If A1 contains the data/formula (eg vlookup) returned value of: yahoo
this in B1: =HYPERLINK("http://www."&A1&".com",A1)
will produce the required hyperlink
--
Max
Singapore
"ISAF Media Analysis" wrote:
I am trying to find a way to combine the Hyperlink and Vlookup finctions.
Specifically, I would like to enter text into a cell and have that text
automatically hyperlink to what I need, either a file or URL. For example:

If I enter the word "History" into cell A:1, I would want it to
automatically create a hyperlink to historychannel.com, without any change to
the original word I input into the cell.

I thought I could do this by combining the VLOOKUP and HYPERLINK functions,
but it has not quite worked out for me yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.