Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mark Mark is offline

Default copying conditon formats with $

Completely changes the acton on the work sheet. Is there n work arounf or a
formula to get the exact same results without trmoving the $

I needed to keep cells blank until data hit a minimum of 1 cell.
Then The conditionals. If yu remove the $'s, when you delete data that it
pertains to. The last color standing remains.

Could you look at my Formula in O7, then look ay the conditionals, and find
a way for them to act the same,

AND BE ABLE TO COPY DOWN THE PAGE

"Khoshravan" wrote:

As you mentioned yourself, if you remove the $ sign, the problem will be
solved. That $ signs, keep the row number to be a fixed number upon copying
to other rows. bring the cursor to the dollar sign and press F4 key, you will
see four possible combination and choose the one with no $ sign.
--
R. Khoshravan
Please click "Yes" if it is helpful.

"Mark" wrote:

My 2 cell conditional format works perfect,

But I can't copy a 4 cel copy and Paste special down the column , I think
because the $ signs are in th conditionals.

I'm not sure why they are there, but I know if I remove the $ sign for the
copy paste special or past, My conditionals Split colors or remain.

Formula in O7 is:
=IF(COUNT(D7:N7)0,SUM(D7:N7),"")

Conditional formulas in O6,O7

=AND(O$7<"",O$7<=0) Green
=AND(O$7<"",O$7=1) Red

I wanted cells until data appeared.

All works fine, cept.

I can not copy it down some 800 lines thru O871
I have text every 4th line.

IS there a way to copy this down and have he cell numbers change with it, an
keep the integrity of the Formula and the conditionals?

Thanks.