southtxxbox

Thanks for the info and the link. Cool stuff.

"Steve R" wrote:

If your minutes are entered in non-time format, add them and divide by 1440.

Example: =SUM(A1:A19)/1440

Format the result [h]:mm

The site below will give you some understanding why this works how times are
stored in Excel.
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/ExcelDateandTimes.htm

Steve

"southtxxbox" wrote in message
I use a spreadsheet that totals minutes in different cells. I need those
totals added then converted into hours and minutes, NOT into days and
hours
and minutes, and NOT into fractional hours. As an example, 1520 minutes
should be 25 hours and 20 minutes or 25:20. Days, hours, minutes
(01:00:20)
does me no good, nor does fractional hour (25.33). I used the TEXT
formula,
but found that minutes could not exceed 1440 (24 hours). In the example
above with 1520 minutes, it returned 01:20. The CONVERT formula falls
short
since it only converts minutes into (fractional) hours and not minutes
into
hours and minutes. Any help?