Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
xlmate xlmate is offline

Default Countif(and

try this array formula ( confirm by Ctrl, Shift, Enter )

=COUNT(IF($A$2:$A$6="X",IF($B$2:$B$6="Y",1)))

HTH

--
Pls provide your feedback by clicking the Yes button below if this post is
helpful. This will help others to search the archives for result better.

Thank You

cheers, francis

"Help with Countif(and" wrote:

I'm trying count how many times the value from one cell equals those cells in
a defined range and another cells equals the values in another defined range.

So I want to count the number of occurences where the a cell in column A="X"
and the cell in column B in the same row = "Y".