Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default dividng numbers using the sumif function

Hi,

If this is homework then you haven't listened to the problem because sumif
is the wrong formula to accomplish what you want but if you must

=SUMIF(B3:B12,"<9999999999")/SUMIF(Products!B4:B16,"<999999999")

Mike

"tiare1021" wrote:

Mike, sorry I am not very good at explaining - I am trying to divide the sum
total of B3:B12/by the sum total in cells B4:16 but need to use the sumif
function.

Thanks,

"tiare1021" wrote:

I need help in setting up a simple formula. I have 2 worksheet tabs -my
formula
is =Sumif(B3:B12)/Products(B4:b16) - in others I want to add numbers in
cells B3:B12 (tab 1) and divide the total by numbers in 2nd worksheet tab
B4:B16 using the sumif function since all cells already have formulas in
them. This is probably simple, but I don't grasp formulas very well, too
new. thanks,