Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default dividng numbers using the sumif function

Make sense?

I'm afraid it doesn't no. Sumif sums a range based on some criteria and you
haven't told us the criteria for summing either range

for example

=SUMIF(B3:B12,"4")

sums numbers in the range larger than 4

Mike

"tiare1021" wrote:

Hi Mike, I responded earlier, but don't see my reply. Anyway, I tried your
formula's and they didn't work, because I need to use the function 'SumIf'
with both sets of numbers like: -=sumif Products B3:B5 divided by sumif
Products B10:B15. The sum feature doesn't work because all of the cells are
filled with formulas linking to other workbooks. Make sense?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

I'm not quite sure what you mean, do either of these give the answer you want

=SUM(B3:B12)/SUM(Products!B4:B16)

or

=SUM(B3:B12)/COUNT(Products!B4:B16)

Mike

"tiare1021" wrote:

I need help in setting up a simple formula. I have 2 worksheet tabs -my
formula
is =Sumif(B3:B12)/Products(B4:b16) - in others I want to add numbers in
cells B3:B12 (tab 1) and divide the total by numbers in 2nd worksheet tab
B4:B16 using the sumif function since all cells already have formulas in
them. This is probably simple, but I don't grasp formulas very well, too
new. thanks,