Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Count Unique Numbers if Names Match

Well, the results are just wrong. For one guy, named Ryan, not me though,
the result should be 32 unique numbers on Sheet2. The formula is giving me a
result of 30. I know this because I used the Advanced Filter to copy/paste
uniques to a new sheet. Also, some of the results are fractions, and I can
see this when I increase the decimalization. I should never have 12.33333
unique numbers; I should always have a whole number. I guess this is a
result of the division operator.

As I mentioned before, it is close, but not right.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

I can't see anything wrong with the formula. In what way are the numbers
'off a bit'?

Mike

"ryguy7272" wrote:

I have a summary sheet and a list of names, in ColumnC, on this sheet. Im
trying to figure out a way to find a match in names in ColumnC of Sheet2, and
then count unique numbers, in Column G, for these names. I was experimenting
with this:
=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet2!$C$2:$C$1000=C57)/(COUNTIF(Sheet2!$G$2:$G$1000,Sheet2!$G$2:$G$1000&" ")))

This comes pretty close, but the numbers are off a bit.

Any idea how to do this?

Thanks,
Ryan---

--