Jerry W. Lewis

What article?

Jerry

Rosario wrote:

Hi Jarry,
I have done the calculation after a log transformation, but my result
doesn't match the one I have posted.
Either my calculations or the result, I've already posted (I read it
in a sientific article), are wrong... What do you think about?
thanks a lot

"Jerry W. Lewis" wrote in message ...

Something doesn't add up here. The average of the ratios (128.8%) is
not contained in your confidence interval. Also, either the data
contain some outliers, or you must transform to approximate normality
before using the t-distribution, since the distribution of sample ratios
is skewed (e.g. 1367.1/232.78 = 587.3%)

Jerry

Rosario wrote:

Dear all,
I have a problem with some statistic calculation.
I have 2 series of measu the first column is the test series and
the second column if the reference series.
I have to calculate the standard 90% confidence intervals of the ratio
test/reference (T/R) and I have to answer to this question: the
products were considered bioequivalent if the difference between two
compared parameters was found statistically insignificant (P < 0.05)
and 90% confidence intervals for these parameters fell within 80-120%.
I know the result for these series, but I have more to calculate:
90% CI : 88.1-115.6%
Two one-sided t-test probability (Probability for T/R ratio (r) to be
within 0.8 and 1.2) : 0.98
Someone can explain or suggest me an internet reference to solve this
problem.

Thanks a lot

5724.4 5204.49
1518.37 1172.63