Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SafetyIntern[_2_] SafetyIntern[_2_] is offline

Default Date functions and #value!

Normally I can hold my own when it comes to Excel, but I am drawing a blank
on this problem and after two days I'm going in circles and am overthinking.
Here is what I have
Column A has a date, which is linked to another spreadsheet, formula is:
=IF(ISBLANK('P:\[2009 COMEX CHART.xls]FEB'!$B7),"-",('P:\[2009 COMEX
CHART.xls]FEB'!$B7))
Column C should be the next business day, and was working fine, but if a
date is not in column A i get the dreaded #value!; column c's formula is:
=A34+IF(WEEKDAY(A34+1)=7,3,1)

My question is how can I get column C to stay blank if column A is blank. I
tried the isblank with the formula, but I must not be typing it correctly
because I get an error message that says I've entered too many arguments.

Thanks for the help.