Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Formatting: Referencing from a different cell

You'd want to change to =$A$3=0 (or =A$3=0) if all 600 rows are to be
formatted based on the content of A3.
If the format of A1 is to be based on A3, and each cell's format is to based
on the format of the cell 2 rows down, it stays as =A3=0.
--
David Biddulph

Fred Smith wrote:
Conditional formatting is a format like bold, italics, etc. So just
copy it (right drag the cell, on release choose Fill Formatting Only).

Before you do this, you probably want to change your formula to:
=$A$3=0

Regards,
Fred

"Becky" wrote in message
That works beautifully, but I want to apply this conditional
formatting to the whole column (over 600 rows big). How do I do
that? "Eduardo" wrote:

Hi Becky,
Do conditional formating, position yourself in A1 then conditional
formating, where the formula is enter
A3=0
Then choose the format you want and done

"Becky" wrote:

I need to format cell A1 with strikeout if cell A3 is 0 (zero). How do
write that?