Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Brian Brian is offline

Default nesting more than 7 functions?

Roger,

I have entered the number $0 in all cells in row 1 so we are starting with a
cell with the value $0 and not an empty cell. Both of your latest
suggestions give the same value. Is it possible that I can email you the
spreadsheet? Thanks again.
--
Brian

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Brian

I am confused.
At first I thought the cells in row 1 of your sheet would be empty if the
month hadn't been reached.
That is why I first used Count.
Obviously, there must be a formula in there returning 0 until the month is
reached.

The present formula is counting whether cells in A1:L1 are greater than 0.
What is in those cells. It is a very small value which is being displayed as
0?

What result do you get for
=COUNTIF(A1:L1,""&0)
and what do you get for
=COUNTIF(A1:L1,""&0.000000000000001)

There must be something in those cells for the formula to include all 12
cells from WS2
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Brian" wrote in message
Roger,
As it turns out your latest formula now adds all months (Jan-Dec) in WS2
even if the value in each of the cells in (A1:L1) are 0. I think you are
very
close to getting this one. I appreciate your help again.
--
Brian

"Brian" wrote:

I am using the following formula but it will involve nesting 12
functions. I
understand the limit is 7. Is there a way to write the formula to avoid
the
nesting restriction? The first part of the formula is below and it needs
continue from sum(A1:K1) to sum(A1:J1) to sum(A1:I1) and so on 12 times
until it reaches A1.

=if(L10,'WS2'!M1,if(K10,sum('WS2'!A1:K1),if(J10 ,sum('WS2"!A1:J1)...
(and
so on),0)))))

Thanks for your help.
--