Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default Return Blank Cell in case of false If

Use: IF(logical_test,value_if_true,value_if_false)
If you want a blank to be returned in false case, put "" for value_if_false
so formula looks like: IF(logical_test,value_if_true,"")

--
R. Khoshravan
Please click "Yes" if it is helpful.

" wrote:

Hi all,

I came upon this problem and would like your kind help.

I would like to use the if function on a specific cell, and I don't
know how to return blank cell in case the value of the IF function is
false.
It can't return zero or false since i am using this cell in a graph
and once it determines the falue zero the graph is changed radicaly
without any logic (eg, the previos value is 100K). However if i delete
the value manualy and leave the cell blank it does not affect the
graph.

Or if there is any other viable solution, I would highly appreciate
it.

Thank you in advance,
Jetblue.