Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
huskybytes huskybytes is offline

Default How to format text 'exactly' as entered.

Where on the Excel 2007 ribbon is 'Tools'?

"Luke M" wrote:

Go to Tools-AutoCorrect Options. Either deselect one of the checkboxes, or
make sure you have accidentally created a rule that changes "eFile"
automatically to "Efile", or something similar.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"huskybytes" wrote:

Text entered into a cell is automatically formatted to Uppercase 'first
letter'. If I choose:format I am provided with choices of UPPER or LOWER or
PROPER but I want to enter the phrase 'eFile' or 'eOPF' exactly as I type it.
Only thing that works is enclosing the letters in parenthesis. I thought
preceeding by an apostrophe would string it but that did not work.