Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hnyb1 hnyb1 is offline

Default Updating charts when Manual Calculation enabled

Hi. In Excel 2003, I have a workbook in which I've set up several sumproduct
formulae to be utilized in a chart. Additionally I have a macro that will
hide columns for which the sumproduct = 0. There was a delay when adding new
data to the source page, so I turned on Manual calculate which immediately
corrected that issue. However, when I run the macro, which begins with a
command to calculate, the chart will not update to show the new columns of
data until I run the macro a second time, even though the column is no longer
hidden in the data page. I've included the code below. Is there a way to
force the chart to update in the macro? Thanks, in advance.

Sub hideconfigcolumns()
Sheets("Machine Types Charted").Select
Calculate
Columns("m:as").Select