lylehughey

The thing that i am trying to do is have it add, time that has been figured
by excel into a certain cell, the following formula is the only way that i
can get it to work. The cells are all in the same column, in this case "H"
this is the formula for adding the 4 cells that i got to work
=TEXT(H76+H77+H78+H79,"h:mm")
Though i tried doing it this way =TEXT(H76:H79,"h:mm") this does not work as
i get a totally different answer. The values in the cells are 0:53 , 1:26 ,
0:54 and 1:00 with the second formula i get a value of 1:00 with the first
formula i get the correct answer of 4:13. My question was, is there an
easier way to do this since this is an almost daily thing, and i have been
adding them by hand for about 6 months until i found this place. Thanks for
any help.

Lyle

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi

could you type out a sample of your data, what you expect the answer to be
and the formula (in full) that you're currently using as i'm not sure how
you're adding things together using the text function.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"lylehughey" wrote in message
I am trying to get it to add together using the TEXT function, and it will
only do it if i select and add each individual cell into the formula, is
there not an easier way to do this?