Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Thebaran Thebaran is offline

Default Countif statement using dates

Column B = ID Numbers (3 or 4 digit numbers)
Column G = Date Opened (MM/DD/YYYY)
Column L = Date Repaired (Empty if Status = Open)
Column M = Date Inspected (Empty if Status = Repaired or Open)
Column N = Status (Open, Repaired, Closed, Rejected)

Currently I have over 1500 items, but this could double. Is this what you
are looking for?

"T. Valko" wrote:

Provide more detail on how your data is setup.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Thebaran" wrote in message
I have a lot of data for some items of work. The items can have either a
status of open, repaired, closed, or rejected. I need to determine the
number of each on any given day.

So if an item was opened on 12/1/08, repaired on 12/10/08 and closed on
12/20/08, then I want to be able to right an equation that will say on
12/15/08 we had 1 item that was repaired. As of right now I have over
1,500
activities. I just need to know how many open, repaired, closed, or
rejected
items on any day.

I thought the best way to do this would be a count(if(( statement, but
this
doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas??

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try it like this:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<="&B1)

{=Count(if((A1:A100,"<=B1")*(C1:C100,"=B1),(D1:D 100))}

Not sure what you want to do with that.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Thebaran" wrote in message
I am trying to write an Countif statement that I will eventually turn
into
an
array. However, I am having problems with the dates. My statement now
is:

Countif(A1:A100,"<=B1")

In this statement A1:A100 are all dates, and so is B1. The function
just
gives me zero. However if I change the statement to:

Countif(A1:A100,"<=1/1/2009")

Then the statement works. If I physically type in the date it works
fine,
but when I try to have it look up the date from another cell it doesn't
work.
Any ideas?

Ulimately I want the equation to be

{=Count(if((A1:A100,"<=B1")*(C1:C100,"=B1),(D1:D1 00))}

I need to get past the first error before I can proceed.