Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Protecting and Unprotecting several worksheets at one time

Best to place macros like this into a general module rather than in a
worksheet module.

Since you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site
for more on "getting started".

or Ron de De Bruin's site on where to store macros.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

In the meantime........................

Alt + F11 to open VBE.

CTRL + r to open Project Explorer.

Select your workbook/project and right-clickInsertModule.

Move the code from the worksheet module into this new module(module1 most
likely)

Run the macros from ToolsMacroMacros or assign to buttons or shortcut
keys.

Gord

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:14:02 -0800, Jaime
wrote:

I think I figured it out. Right clicked on one of the tabs, selected View
Code, then pasted the code you provided. Earlier, Excel did not appear to be
saving the code because there were no Macros listed when I closed and
reopened the file. This time it seemed to work. Did I do it correctly?

"Jaime" wrote:

This is very helpful, but I have almost no VBA experience. Can you provide
some direction on how to get this code in my spreadsheet?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Sub ProtectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim N As Single
For N = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(N).Protect Password:="justme"
Next N
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub UnprotectAllSheets()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Dim N As Single
For N = 1 To Sheets.Count
Sheets(N).Unprotect Password:="justme"
Next N
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub

Sub Protect_Selected_Sheets()
Set MySheets = ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
For Each ws In MySheets
ws.Select
ws.Protect Password:="justme"
Next ws
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:44:01 -0700, StayinAlive
wrote:

Is it possible to get your macro for this?
Thank you!