Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
John[_22_] John[_22_] is offline

Default help with averages formula

Hi Jesse
Try this array formula
=AVERAGE(IF(B13:B22="tetra",A13:A22)) you need to enter it with Ctrl Shift
Enter

HTH
John
"Jesse Blanchard" wrote in
message ...
sorry if this is a dumb question, not too familiar with excel: I am
working
on a report that, in part, is tracking how long patients stay in the
spinal
cord injury center according to their injury (for example: paraplegic,
tetraplegic).

I need to get the average for the number of days for patients with each
type
of injury. I have two columns, one with the number of days they stayed and
the other with a dropdown list of injury type (para, tetra). How do I get
the
average for only those patients that have a para injury type?