Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to change default value of comma style

Did you have any cells that were using the currency style?

Are you sure you applied the changes to the style when you were leaving the
style dialog?

And try putting:

1234.56
in both A1 and A2
Apply the Currency style to A1 and Currency[0] to A2.

You'll see the difference.

You can use comma style on any cell you want. It adds commas and displays 2
decimals. It doesn't have to be currency/money related.

Khoshravan wrote:

I have currency and currency[0]. Is the second one redundant. Can I delete it?
I did as you mentioned but nothing change. 2 zeros after decimal digits keep
coming.
BTW is comma style only defined for currency?
--
R. Khoshravan
Please click "Yes" if it is helpful.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

In xl2003 menus:
Format|Style
Choose Currency from the dropdown
Click Modify
change the number format to what you want.

Be aware that styles are workbook settings--not application settings. You'll
have to do this for each existing workbook that you need.

If you want this style for new workbooks, you can create a new workbook, save it
as book.xlt (a template file) in to the XLStart folder.

A new workbook will be created based on this workbook when you click on the New
Icon on the standard toolbar.

Khoshravan wrote:

When I click comma style icon for thousands separator, it always adds to
digit after decimal point. How can I change the default value to add zero
digit after decimal point.
12345 = 12,345.00 but I want 12,345