Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
chairboy chairboy is offline

Default Ho do I resize multiple charts?

I've sent you an email with screenshots showing what my charts look like,
before they're fixed, and after.

Bob

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Is there an empty white area around the chart area of each chart, or is it
only gray? That is, does the chart area resize on its own, or is the actual
usable page size (page size minus margins) changing?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"chairboy" wrote in message
Thanks John,

I went back and reread your earlier mail, and investigated the glossary,
and
my problem isn't just in the plot area, it's in the entire chart area. I
originally made my chart and it bcame part of the worksheet it
represented. I
then moved the chart to its own worksheet. The new worksheet had a blue
field
for the background, and a window, and the whole chart area fit perfectly
in
the window. When I clicked on a corner of the chart, and got Chart Tools,
and
selected the Format Tab, the size was 6.87" h x 9.48" w. That was back in
the
good old days.

One day I opened my spreadsheet and the chart size was 9.21" h x 12.68" w.
The window on the worksheet is still the same size, so a lot of the chart
is
no longer visible, and you can't see the legend either.

It would be one thing if I just needed to resize this one chart, but my
spreadsheet has 52 of these charts, and 52 of another chart, and all were
resized.

But we're talking chart area, not plot area, so when I say the
instructions
didn't work, I didn't realize the difference, and I hadn't selected just
the
plot area.

I could send you screenshots if that would help.

Thanks,
Bob Venezia

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

"couldn't get it to work" is a big topic. If you indicate what the error
was, or what happened or didn't happen, it would be easier to figure out
what went wrong.

- Jon
-------