Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JBeaucaire[_90_] JBeaucaire[_90_] is offline

Default nesting more than 7 functions?

Yes, it's possible. It looks like you're trying to adjust your sum range
based on how may cells have data in the row you're working on. True?

Then perhaps some sort of =ADDRESS function or INDIRECT function would allow
you to identify the first (last?) cell with data and create the sum range
from W2 in a single step rather than 8 individual checks.

Would need more info about the values in the cells being checked and the
complete set of "results" to make sure we get it right.
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"Brian" wrote:

I am using the following formula but it will involve nesting 12 functions. I
understand the limit is 7. Is there a way to write the formula to avoid the
nesting restriction? The first part of the formula is below and it needs to
continue from sum(A1:K1) to sum(A1:J1) to sum(A1:I1) and so on 12 times
until it reaches A1.

=if(L10,'WS2'!M1,if(K10,sum('WS2'!A1:K1),if(J10 ,sum('WS2"!A1:J1)... (and
so on),0)))))

Thanks for your help.
--
Brian