Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JBeaucaire[_90_] JBeaucaire[_90_] is offline

Default IF function

Maybe something like this comparing A1 and B1:

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(A1),ISBLANK(B1),A1=B1),"","X")
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

"FrankM" wrote:

HELP, I have a If function comparing 2 cells of data, but want the result to
return a blank cell if one of the two cells being compared is blank.

Example Cell C1 is "L"
Cell D1 is "M"

The formula I have in would return "X" for wrong, if D1 was "L", then my
result would return "c" - but I would also like if D1 was blank with no data,
the result would also be blank